Saviors Of Earth

The Unification Epicenter of True Lightworkers

http://photos.travellerspoint.com/155214/kisstone.jpg

It is a source of fierce debate that seems unending, but what the real story is behind the history of the infamous Blarney Stone of Ireland, is anybody's guess. If what some say about is true, how did it ever end up where it now resides?

Every year, a tiny village in Ireland is visited by tens of thousands of eager tourists, desperate to plant their lips, onto a lump of sandstone perched high above a sheer drop, because legend has it, that those who succeed in this strange desire will be endowed with the ‘gift of the gab’.

This is an Irish term, denoting that, from the moment of lips meeting stone, the kisser will be able to hold their own in any conversation they have in the future, even if they were tongue-tied previously.  A wonderful part of Irish folklore, drawing tourists from all over the world, to experience it, but the ‘Blarney Stone’ may in fact, not really be Irish, or actually all there to begin with.

Baffling some historians for a very long time, the story supposedly begins, nearly 4,000 years ago, in Israel. The prophet Jacob, it is said, used a rock as a pillow at Beth-el,  believing that God had spoken to him, of this very rock having magical powers, Jacob informing his people of the vision he had experienced.

During the fifteen hundred years that followed, the rock , referred to as ‘Jacob’s Pillow’ by the believers, was taken with them, by his descendants, wherever they went, miraculously providing water, when surrounded by desert, so legend tells it, thus regarded as especially sacred,  yet the year 600AD saw the prized stone disappear from the Holy Land, apparently lost.

The Irish maintain that their country is where the grave, of the prophet Jeremiah, who was a major figure in Jewish religion, is to be found. As an old man, he is said to have brought an Egyptian Princess, named Simon Brug (Baruch), as well as a Scribe, and a sacred stone, wrapped in a banner, into Ireland in 583AD, via Egypt and Spain, though whether this was the blarney stone is disputed

An inscription, on an ancient tomb at Schiabhla-Cailliche, near Oldcastle, County, Meath, appears to confirm the year, in which Jeremiah is said to have arrived. Ireland is the only country on earth claiming the Harp of David for its coat of arms, a strange coincidence, some think. Buried in the poetry and folklore of Ireland, these things seemingly happened around the time Jerusalem was being destroyed. 

Baruch, it is said in legend, married the Zarahite King, Eochaidh II, or Heremon, first High King of Ireland. The stone that had been wrapped in the banner was thereafter always used, for the coronation of monarchs, legend telling that false claimants would be known, because the stone would ‘roar’, only when the rightful king stood on it, and not before

The stone could, however, also have arrived with Pharoah’s daughterScota, around 500AD, when she, after marrying Gaythelus, a Greek prince. Settled, with her husband, among Erse tribes in Antrim, handing the stone, possibly, to Fergus, son of Eric, chief of the Dal Riatan tribe, who had already conquered part of Argyll, in what would later become Scotland, named after Scota.  St. Patrick himself having, legend tells it, blessed the stone,  declaring that, wherever the stone should be, Eric’s line would rule for ever. Fergus transported the stone to Scotland, securing his tribe’s rule over it, as he saw it, after the saint’s decree

Incredibly sacred, as an object, the stone continued to be used, on holy island Iona, and at Dunstaffnage, near Oban, for coronations, monarchs hearing royal lineage proclaimed, right back to the time of Noah. The Pictish and Scottish kingdoms were united in 843AD, having been fighting for centuries, under the rule of Kevin MacAlpin, and sScotland was born.

By this time referred to by all as ‘Stone of Destiny’, the sacred rock was kept in the Abbey of Scone, for four centuries, before removal by  English king Edward I, nicknamed ‘Hammer of the Scots’, by right of conquest in 1296, taking it to Westminster Abbey in London, where it still sits beneath the coronation throne.

After the battle of Bannockburn , in 1314, it is still claimed, to this day, that Robert the Bruce surrendered half, of the original ‘Stone of Scone’, to the McCarthy clan, of Munster, in Ireland. for sending men to fight by his side. Had the Bruce foreseen Edward’s plan, and substituted the original stone with an ordinary sandstone block?This question remains unanswered. 

‘Jacob’s Pillow’ was, so some would claim, heavily embellished with carvings from the earliest times, originally, religious zealots in Ireland having actually hidden the true stone away, and substituting it for an ordinary sand stone anyway, long before it was ever sent to Scottish shores, but we are never likely to know.

It has been claimed that King Edward had iron rings fitted to the stone, at each end, for ease of transport, but how can the grooves,located on either side, where poles used to carry it, over long periods, have come about, if this was anything other than the original stone?

McCarthy and his clan returned to Ireland,  later taking ‘An blama’, the village of Blarney, as thier seat of power, building a castle there in 1446, in the high parapet wall of which, was embedded the gift from Robert the Bruce, later to become known as the Blarney Stone, a name that took hold during the time of Elizabeth I, supposedly because of something she said.

Dermot McCarthy, ruler of the clan, was required by Elizabeth to give up his fortress as a mark of loyalty.  Over several years, he successfully evaded final surrender, the court official responsible becoming a joke, amongst other royal  courtiers.  The queen, on hearing yet another McCarthy excuse , apparently said ‘Odds bodkins!  More blarney talk’, and the name came into being

Thus  ‘blarney’ came to mean, having the ability to influence and coax with fair words and soft speech without giving offense.  There is, perhaps, only one half of the ‘Stone of Scone’ on show, in Edinburgh castle today, and when it was still joined to the Irish half, it may have once been touched by Jesus Christ himself, but nobody will ever know for certain.

People, from all over the world, have planted their lips on this stone,  one falling to his death, while trying to do so, because it is in a dangerous location, and you must lean backwards, into an deep abyss, someone holding your legs, if wanting to, so quite a hardthing to achieve, and you need to be very careful.

This tangible piece of history, so some like to tell you, is as Irish as Shamrock, and blaming them for wanting to believe it seems churlish, history relates a different heritage, depending on who is telling it, and what their beliefs. All the same, the Blarney Stone, an integral part of Irish heritage, might in truth be anything but.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mP5rJBogRes/TZinbWy_GrI/AAAAAAAAALo/osyoqEKIP-s/s1600/blarney.jpg

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

comments

• The harp of David, recognizes the Davidic Covenant and symbolizes the marriage of the two lines of Judah in Ireland, through Jeremiah.

http://www.asis.com/users/stag/royalty.html

Debby Many Nations said:

goda love you veroncia for sharing the truth and deb for posting this share as later tonight i will tell you more for i do love reading history stories lol hugs thank you very much today for the beautiful feelings and the end result still is that goda is a woman not man who has come  loveoflight

I read a while ago where The Pope admitted that the church had changed at least 18 parts of the Bible,I wish I could refined that post.

Veronica Ford-Keen said:

I SENT YOU THE MAP OF BETHLEHAM IN IRELAND, THAT IS THE "REAL BETHLEHAM" IRELAND WAS TROPICAL IN THE BEGINNING, WHEN THE CLIMATE CHANGED THEY "FOLLOWED THE SUN" AND FOUND EGYPT, THEY MISSED IRELAND SO MUCH THEY WANDERED THE DESERT UNTIL THEY EVENTUALLY GOT BACK TO IRELAND. IRISH HISTORY WAS STOLEN, THE VATICAN AND THE "SO CALLED JEWS" CLAIMED IT. THIS IS WHY IRELAND HAS BEEN KEPT UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE VATICAN SO THAT THEY WOULD NEVER FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE. I HAVE A LOVELY PHOTOGRAPH OF MONTY AT BLARNEY CASTLE, HE DID KISS THE STONE.!!  I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS SITE AS IT WILL NOT ACCEPT MY PASSWORD, THIS IS WHY SOMETIMES I CANNOT RESPOND.

GREETINGS AND HELLO FOR TGIF DAY A WONDERFUL SHARE RIGHT FROM THE HEART  from my heart of love to you  for this photo that you showed here is a part of stone hedge and the druid with the black stone with two lines making eleven is the number of the circle that is round there  for this piece belongs on top   for the other part of this story  is on this stone if you look closely you will see many many amazing back in history stories.  you will now get from scotland the kings ring the real one and the stone in it bring too  you will now take the queen of englands shaft stick that she has in holds with the cross for that piece comes off and inside you will see something of interest also for here you will place the kings ring on the queens shaft and hold it up to the sunlight to the eleven stone what has the stone placed on top and watch and behold for you will be WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWED FACTOR  lol have a great day and an even better tomorrow  godaloveoflight  big group hug  goda love you all

The pictures I uploaded are the Scone of Stone that Edward the First stole from Scotland

that is not it for this stone belongs to the church the church of england

Kevin L Lyerla said:

Beautiful Countryside

History of the Blarney Stone

True to it’s name, the Blarney Stone is surrounded by tall tales and myths.  Some stories are steeped in the history and geology of ages long gone. Others are vivid imaginings regarding the crowning of kings and queens.  Others sound like, well… pure blarney.  Still, we at Authentic Ireland are always glad to hear a good story.

The Blarney Stone is a single block of bluestone, the same material as the megaliths of Stonehenge. Some people believe the Blarney Stone is half of the original Stone of Scone upon which the first King of Scots was seated during his coronation in 847. It is said that part of this stone was presented to Cormac McCarthy by Robert the Bruce in 1314.  It was his gift to the Irish for supporting the Scots in the Battle of Bannockburn. 

Family members who are still connected with Blarney Castle have many stories about the Blarney Stone and its magic powers.  Most of them begin with the assumption that the Blarney Stone was originally from Ireland.  For as many reasons as there are stories, the Stone ended up in Scotland and was then returned to Ireland in the year 1314.

Hard to imagine?  We are, after all, talking about the Blarney Stone and a country where stories grow as naturally as the tall, grassy meadows.  Among some of the more colorful tales, we discover that the Stone was used by Jacob for his pillow and was brought to Ireland by the prohet Jeremiah; that David hid behind the Stone while running from King Saul.  (The Stone was then returned to Ireland during the Crusades); it is the very rock Moses struck with his staff to supply the Israelites with water as they fled slavery in Egypt.  Well, why not?  

Regardless of how the Stone found its way to Ireland, it was originally known as Lia Fáil or the Stone of Destiny, and its mysterious powers were first revealed to the McCarthy family by a witch they had saved from drowning.

Here is one thing all agree upon:  Queen Elizabeth 1, daughter of Henry VIII, not only reigned over England, she was Queen of Ireland. “Queen Bess” decided that the Irish chiefs should agree to occupy their own lands, but occupy them under title from her.  Cormac Teige McCarthy, the Lord of Blarney, received requests from her to title his land over with grace and good humor, saying he was glad to pledge his loyalty to the Queen.  His letters were subtle and so well put, she finally realized that he was keeping her happy without giving in.  At one point, after receiving another of his charming messages, she flung down his letter and said,  “Oh!  He’s just giving me a lot more blarney!!!”

Thus did the Stone, during that time, come to signify the gift of sparkling eloquence and good luck.

Delete

for what you seek is the three green tablets each one in each area that when brought together become one and for i have seen tht they are indeed made to one  i will also say that they are not big but small that with each one placed with the other they become dimensional   and this photo that you show with the whitelight up top will help guide you hugs

Delete

There are a lot of 3's around this LOL.

Just northwest of the Irish village of Cork is the village of Blarney. The name Blarney is derived from the Irish An blarna, "the plain." Blarney is home to the 90-foot-tall (27.4-meter) Blarney Castle. The castle visited today is the third one built at the site and was erected in 1446.

Built on a rock, above several caves, the tower originally hadthree stories.

Ireland with it's 3 pedal shamrock .

Delete

Anyone ever heard of the the Holy Green Stone of Clonrichert.
This is suppose to be Very rare indeed.

A holy relic on Craggy Island. One of the holiest stones in Europe, exhibiting a general holiness.

Delete

Debby Many Nations said:

Beautiful Countryside

History of the Blarney Stone

True to it’s name, the Blarney Stone is surrounded by tall tales and myths.  Some stories are steeped in the history and geology of ages long gone. Others are vivid imaginings regarding the crowning of kings and queens.  Others sound like, well… pure blarney.  Still, we at Authentic Ireland are always glad to hear a good story.

The Blarney Stone is a single block of bluestone, the same material as the megaliths of Stonehenge. Some people believe the Blarney Stone is half of the original Stone of Scone upon which the first King of Scots was seated during his coronation in 847. It is said that part of this stone was presented to Cormac McCarthy by Robert the Bruce in 1314.  It was his gift to the Irish for supporting the Scots in the Battle of Bannockburn. 

Family members who are still connected with Blarney Castle have many stories about the Blarney Stone and its magic powers.  Most of them begin with the assumption that the Blarney Stone was originally from Ireland.  For as many reasons as there are stories, the Stone ended up in Scotland and was then returned to Ireland in the year 1314.

Hard to imagine?  We are, after all, talking about the Blarney Stone and a country where stories grow as naturally as the tall, grassy meadows.  Among some of the more colorful tales, we discover that the Stone was used by Jacob for his pillow and was brought to Ireland by the prohet Jeremiah; that David hid behind the Stone while running from King Saul.  (The Stone was then returned to Ireland during the Crusades); it is the very rock Moses struck with his staff to supply the Israelites with water as they fled slavery in Egypt.  Well, why not?  

Regardless of how the Stone found its way to Ireland, it was originally known as Lia Fáil or the Stone of Destiny, and its mysterious powers were first revealed to the McCarthy family by a witch they had saved from drowning.

Here is one thing all agree upon:  Queen Elizabeth 1, daughter of Henry VIII, not only reigned over England, she was Queen of Ireland. “Queen Bess” decided that the Irish chiefs should agree to occupy their own lands, but occupy them under title from her.  Cormac Teige McCarthy, the Lord of Blarney, received requests from her to title his land over with grace and good humor, saying he was glad to pledge his loyalty to the Queen.  His letters were subtle and so well put, she finally realized that he was keeping her happy without giving in.  At one point, after receiving another of his charming messages, she flung down his letter and said,  “Oh!  He’s just giving me a lot more blarney!!!”

Thus did the Stone, during that time, come to signify the gift of sparkling eloquence and good luck.

Delete

The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus (as translated by the elusive alchemist Fulcanelli).

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/meonia.htm

Delete

I SENT YOU THE MAP OF BETHLEHAM IN IRELAND, THAT IS THE "REAL BETHLEHAM" IRELAND WAS TROPICAL IN THE BEGINNING, WHEN THE CLIMATE CHANGED THEY "FOLLOWED THE SUN" AND FOUND EGYPT, THEY MISSED IRELAND SO MUCH THEY WANDERED THE DESERT UNTIL THEY EVENTUALLY GOT BACK TO IRELAND. IRISH HISTORY WAS STOLEN, THE VATICAN AND THE "SO CALLED JEWS" CLAIMED IT. THIS IS WHY IRELAND HAS BEEN KEPT UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE VATICAN SO THAT THEY WOULD NEVER FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE. I HAVE A LOVELY PHOTOGRAPH OF MONTY AT BLARNEY CASTLE, HE DID KISS THE STONE.!!  I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS SITE AS IT WILL NOT ACCEPT MY PASSWORD, THIS IS WHY SOMETIMES I CANNOT RESPOND.

Delete

Wow this is a fantastic share,as I read it my energy fields fired up to max ,

Replies to This Discussion

Delete

the blarney stone was divided up into three pieces one in ireland one in scotland and the other in england   irescoteng on land  now take this and go back to the language that they did use in each time and there you will see proof of what was then and now for they are joined again  for there was one language only that they did speak  goda love mysteries lol have a great day eh hugs

Delete

http://sacredsites.com/europe/ireland/blarney_stone.html

The legend of the Blarney Stone has been passed down for hundreds of years, and other rumors surround its actual origins. Some say it was originally part of the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. Other legends say it was used by such Biblical legends as Moses and David.

http://www.collegeonline.org/library/articles/the-history-of-the-bl...

THE BLARNEY STONE

The Blarney Stone is a stone set in the wall of the Blarney Castle tower in the Irish village of Blarney. Kissing the stone is supposed to bring the kisser the gift of persuasive eloquence (blarney). The castle was built in 1446 by Cormac Laidhiv McCarthy (Lord of Muskerry) -- its walls are 18 feet thick (necessary to thwart attacks by Cromwellians and William III's troops). Thousands of tourists a year still visit the castle.  The origins of the Blarney Stone's magical properties aren't clear, but one legend says that an old woman cast a spell on the stone to reward a king who had saved her from drowning. Kissing the stone while under the spell gave the king the ability to speak sweetly and convincingly.  It's tough to reach the stone -- it's between the main castle wall and the parapet. Kissers have to stretch to their back and bend backward (and downward), holding iron bars for support

http://www.theholidayspot.com/patrick/shamrock.htm

Delete

Think you've kissed the Blarney Stone? Then think again...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/think-youve-kissed-t...

Well, Sir Winston Churchill kissed the Blarney Stone, and it worked for him, didn't it? He was, after all, one of the world's greatest orators. It shows, doesn't it, that there's substance to the legend that it bestows eloquence?

Except that, if a new book on Cork's Blarney Castle is correct, Sir Winston may have kissed the wrong stone and must therefore owe his rhetorical skills to other factors.

Right castle, wrong stone, is the verdict of an archaeologist and architectural historian, Mark Samuel, who has researched the castle and the stone which has for centuries been said to bestow those whose lips touch it with the power to persuade, flatter, coax and soft-soap.

He believes the stone with the allegedly magical powers was quietly redesignated some time in the 19th century. The reason was health and safety, since the people who then owned the castle wanted to attract more tourists but also wanted to make sure none of them plummeted from the high-placed, dangerous rock to their deaths.

Today, hundreds of thousands are making the trek each year, coming into contact with the stone in complete safety. But, if Mr Samuel is right, they have all been under a giant delusion, puckering up at the wrong rock.

"It was all part of the phenomenon of reinventing the castle that happened in the past 200 years as a romantic spot," according to Mr Samuel. "There are quite good grounds now for saying that there is a Blarney Stone in the castle somewhere, but not the one that people are kissing. That has only been identified as the Blarney Stone since about 1870."

The suspicion is that visitors were redirected at that time to a different stone which was more accessible and less hazardous to reach. Today, a bit of leaning is involved but no danger.

This theory is dismissed by the castle's owner, Charles Colthurst, who – perhaps unsurprisingly – describes it as "a load of Blarney". He added: "I would like to assure the millions of people who have kissed the stone in the past that this is the exact location and has been since as far back as all historical records show. The only stone that was ever kissed in Blarney is the stone they kiss today."

Queen Elizabeth I gave the word its pejorative sense, so they say, when she became exasperated with a local chieftain who came up with ever more ingenious excuses for not fulfilling a pledge to hand the castle over to her.

"Odds bodkins!" she is said to have exclaimed. "Blarney, Blarney, I will hear no more of this Blarney!" This sense of the word is also evident in an 18th-century jibe that kissing the stone imparted "the privilege of telling lies for seven years".

Today, the word is in widespread use, most obviously as the title of Irish pubs: there are Blarney Stone bars from Seattle to Amsterdam, from Scunthorpe to Melbourne and from Finsbury Park to Toledo, Ohio.

The questioning of the stone's authenticity is unlikely to dim its popularity for, in addition to its gift of the gab, it has many more myths to offer. It is Jacob's Pillow, some say, brought to Ireland by Jeremiah. It is associated with a saint, Columba, they say, and with Robert the Bruce – in fact it may even be a part of the Stone of Scone. It has also been connected to the Crusades; and, finally, it may be the stone that Moses struck to bring forth water. It seems highly likely that whoever gathered all these myths must themselves have come into close contact with the Blarney Stone

RSS

SoE Visitors

© 2024   Created by Besimi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service