Saviors Of Earth

The Unification Epicenter of True Lightworkers

(Amazing Katie Stagliano, age 10, and her 40-pound cabbage that fed 275 people!)

(Katie with her brother Michael, posing with the 40-pound cabbage she grew in their backyard)

According to United Nation's World Food Program, 25,000 people across the world die every day from hunger and related issues. Among the key causes of hunger are natural disasters, conflict, poverty, poor agricultural infrastructure and over-exploitation of the environment. There is a lot that needs to be done to eliminate world hunger and everybody has to be involved.

When ten year old Katie Stangliano of Summerville, South Carolina learned about this, and about hungry children right in her own community, she decided to do her part. “I think it's important to help stop world hunger,” she notes.

So when a cabbage seedling she planted in her backyard grew to an amazing 40-pound size, she decided to donate it to the Fields to Families program, which brings fresh produce to the needy. Her cabbage was ultimately utilized by Tricounty Families Ministry in North Charleston, South Carolina to feed nearly 300 people.

Katie was further moved to learn that 12 million kids in the U.S go to bed hungry each night, and that so many children today do not eat enough to be healthy. Inspired by her experience with Fields to Families, Katie decided to do more. She decided to help teach other children about how they, too, can make a difference.

“I think it is important to have something to strive for. By planting a garden or just some seeds in a pot you can make a difference. My cabbage alone fed 275 people. If more kids did the same, we all could be helping to make a long time dream of no hungry people possible.” she explains.

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for your insightful comment! Yeah, she sure is radiating! I just about fell over when I saw the size of her cabbage:))love & cheers, mlp

RSS

SoE Visitors

© 2024   Created by Besimi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service